E-mail has become the most common way of communication across the network. It allows us to send the digital message to more than one recipient at the same time. E-mail is the way of instant messaging which is used in corporate organizations, business purpose, etc. Various e-mail platforms are available for users including Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail, MS Outlook and Outlook Express.
Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express
Microsoft has developed two applications which basically act as an email clients. The two applications are MS Outlook and Outlook Express. Other than being an email client, MS Outlook also stores contacts, notes, calendars, journals and tasks. Outlook Express is integrated with Internet Explorer of Microsoft Windows. You can configure up to 30 email accounts in Outlook Express. In Windows Vista, Windows Mail replaced Outlook Express and in Windows 7, Windows Live Mail replaced Outlook Express.
File Formats of Email messages and Mailbox items
Different file formats are used by different email clients to store email messages and other data files. In Outlook Express, DBX file format is used to store mailbox items which also include attachments. In MS Outlook, PST file format is used to store email messages and other data items. Outlook Express and other email applications use EML file format to store email messages as well as attachments. Other file format that is used by both MS Outlook and Outlook Express is MSG file format. This format is the file extension of MS Exchange mailbox items.
MS Outlook application opens only PST files. If you want to open an Outlook Express data file into MS Outlook, you first need to convert it to PST file format.
Similarly, if you want to open an Outlook file into Outlook Express, then you need to first convert it into DBX format and this you can do by performing below steps:
- Open MS Outlook. Select File tab and click Import
- Select Export to a file option from Import and Export wizard and click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values (DOS) > Next
- Choose the folder which you want to export, then click Next
- Give the name to the file and click Next. Click Finish
- Save this file to desired location
- Open Outlook Express. Select File tab > Import > Other Address Book > Text File > Next
- Locate the exported file of MS Outlook and click Next
- Check the boxes which will map CSV files to address book fields.
- Select Import This Field and click Finish.
For each conversion, you need to perform a lengthy manual process. Performing such a lengthy conversion process is not possible in a regular manner because it may be time-consuming and tedious task. So, you can use conversion software to convert your emails’ file format. An important task is to choose the right software. One such software is SysInfoTools Email Converter. This software performs many conversions, such as:
- DBX to PST, MSG, RTF, EML and HTML
- PST to DBX, EML, MSG, HTML and RTF
- MSG to PST, DBX, HTML, EML and RTF
- EML to PST, DBX, HTML, MSG and RTF
You can convert emails into any file format. Thus, it saves your valuable time and cost. It also fixes corruption issues. Free trial version is available which also saves first five emails while converting email file format.